Friday, April 23, 2010

Why Do I Use Credit Cards?

I know some people say "no" to credit cards.
But if you use credit cards wisely, you actually can be in a good shape.
I pay for everything with credit cards... but I pay off my balance every time statement arrives.

Discover Card
When I use Discover card, I earn 1-5% on all purchases plus if I do online shopping, I shop through Discover website, which usually give me an additional 5%.
When you accumulate enough money, you can get gift cards to different stores, which are usually with some benefits too. You pay $45 dollars and get $50 gift cards...
I love shopping, so I usually get Marshals card and then use it for my shopping sprees... it's like free shopping.

Kroger Card
I usually do most of my grocery shopping at Kroger. So about a year ago I got Kroger Master card. so now I earn an extra points every time I am shopping at Kroger plus get krogers checks, which usually around$15 for free food every couple of months. Add to this an extra 5c on gas and lots of good coupons, which arrive to my mail.

Continental Master Card
They gave me points for signing up and then I was able to accumulate enough points to buy a round trip ticket to Russia for my mom. Right now I have enough points for one roundtrip ticket inside the USA.

From time to time my credit cards send me gift cards just because, asking me to use their card with a gift card. I got gift cards to Red Lobster from both Continental and Discovery.

None of my cards have any annual fees. I never pay any interest because I pay off my balance every month. But I enjoy all extra benefits of using credit cards, like a credit for a month on all payments, free stuff and discounts.

I am usually not a big spender but paying most of the bills (cell phone, electricity, insurance, tv, cable, grocery, gas, etc) with credit cards help me to accumulate enough points to indulge myself later for some extra stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment